Friday, October 8, 2010

Teak Danish Chair

Tape Measure Fabric saved for a rainy day


Linen...flowers look blue here but are violet


Just a "mock" run
 Which fabric to choose?! I wanted to go for a louder fabric than I would normally choose as I love what the Northern Europeans are doing at the moment with their colours but it wouldn't really suit the pieces that I have in my sitting room at the moment.  I loved the tape measure fabric but decided to go with the more contemporary linen which suits the room really well and is still funky enough. 

Armchair with good spring base
 

Bottom cushion taken off
 With visitors arriving soon to stay and our forever growing household of friends I was in desperate need of a few extra chairs for the sitting room. Today I found one finally that I thought I could "pull off." In my frantically excited state I forget to take a photo of it's original colour which was a varnished orange. Needless to say I couldn't handle the sight of that so I hastily pulled out the black paint and painted away in the sunshine inbetween a millions other going-ons this afternoon. Didn't take long for it to dry. Recovering results soon. xx

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails