Monday, October 11, 2010

Cate Blanchett and her "granny blanket" dress



Designer:Romance was Born
 
All things "crochet" is making a comeback in the way of fashion this coming season. Could you pull this off or even want to?
Although this is quirky and unusual all of you girls who love to crochet could design and crochet some more elegant pieces for spring. I was thinking perhaps a finer loop in cream and making a longish cardigan...but before I attempt this I am going to start out making a really long, narrow crochet scarf which will "warm" my fingers up and hopefully provide me with the inspiration to do a bigger project. What do you think? Anyone wanting to join in and post results over the next few months? I thought it would be lovely to find a sunny spot in the garden for half an hour each day and crochet away! x

2 comments:

  1. It would be lovely to find a sunny spot for 30 mins to crochet away! I originally saw this dress on the blog entitled "What Not To Crochet"! It is very funny, but discernment is needed. .. some people crochet things that NEVER should be even thought about, let alone crocheted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you input, I agree! I'll have to check out that blog. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails