Monday, October 25, 2010

In My Travels

Tiniest part of  Lake Louise, Canada,  scrapped away for ice skating.

The Rudster

I covet these

In foyer of Chateau, Lake Louise


For our 19th Anniversary just this past February we took our family away to The States and Canada. Over the next few weeks I'd like to share my favourite places. Lake Louise was one of those. Me being me, I love the extremes and having been raised an Aussie Gal I have experienced heat but never the cold in the extreme until our recent visit to Canada which even in Spring can be very, very cold, but I loved it. How couldn't you? Not only do you have this amazing ice and snow, there is no need to be "held" up inside as there are so many activities to be had. We enjoyed ice skating, dog sledding, tobagganing, skiing, hot-tubbing, ski-doos in the back country and cross country skiing. It was so invigorating and I love the feeling of being challenged and taken out of my comfort zone....something to do with the unknown I suppose! Anyways, if you have similar experiences and places you would like to share I would love to see them....As the saying goes, "The World is Our Oyster" to explore.

2 comments:

  1. This is my Dad's favourite lake in the whole wide world. He was born in Kamloops but lived all over these parts of BC. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's really cool. I would love to see The Lake in summer one year. Apparently the colours are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails