Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Spurred On

 
Tray mobile's new home

My favourite soap

Necessities homed here



In it's current state

With the arrival of Spring I've decided to revamp my laundry. You see it's one of those awkward rooms where the bathroom houses the toilet and yes, The Laundry. Until recently I have had my dryer in there for practical reasons but now that the warm air has arrived I have moved it out and replaced it with a tray mobile that I found at the op-shop last week. It needs some lovely care and probably a few coats of paint but with visitors here this week that will be put on hold for a wee while. I'll be sure to post revamped version in a few weeks. Any suggestions? Should I leave it as it is and just de-rust the wheels or should I paint it white? Would love you input?

4 comments:

  1. In my current state I would definitely advice white. Of course it depends on whether you love the wood look but I think painting it white would make the room look bigger. I also have this theory that one main colour everywhere is a good base for country decorating as it takes the business out of a room; also great for not showing up mess so much. Cherrie
    PS Are you related to Darryl and Angie by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for that advice. I love the fact that you reminded me about "white." And yes it does hide the mess too! Brillant...I shall get stuck into it next week. Yes, I am Ange's sister, Yvonne. Did we meet once at the meeting in Forster?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we did. So you must know how brilliantly Darryl is progressing too. It is absolutely wonderful to watch him emerge from the too shy person who could barely answer 4 years ago to an MS today doing question and answer parts. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have found your blog. i agree white is the colour to go for.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails