Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Creative Space

70's suede jacket given new life

Crochet and Suede

Lovely patchwork back
 You know when you have one of those random days when you just want to "chop" everything up! Well I'm having one of those! I found this lovely crochet/suede jacket earlier in the year but never wore it as the arms were knitted and I don't like things too clingy. Now I really love this jacket and didn't want it to end up in a million pieces but have decided to unstitch the arms and turn it into a vest. Much more wearable.

6 comments:

  1. I have had those days in thought but never action I am a bit scared to try things :-S I love the look though! And so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO NOT BE AFRAID! (hehe) Thanks for your lovely compliment. If you are a little apprehensive perhaps just start with something in your wardrobe that you haven't worn for a long time and make something small, like a little cushion cover or small bag.It's very liberating! In a few days time I am going to post some bags that I made out of old vintage leather jackets that I wasn't wearing anymore if you want to pop back sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Refashioning is so liberating once you get going. You never see clothes the same way again. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! If you are anything like me "look out wardrobe here I come." Yves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree yvie.
    I bought a vintage suede skirt after seeing your bags. Do you want half?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes please! The whole bag making thingy is out of control...it's really snowballed and I'm not really equipped for it at the moment so that would be great! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails