Monday, December 20, 2010

Today I'm

Today I'm going to be fluttering around the house like a butterfly in full flight as I feel very inspired to get some of my projects finished that I have started previously and seem to be pulled away from! My first one is to finish off Ky's cushion for his room which I am making out of this linen tablecloth I found with the map of NZ. You see I bought him a ticket to Wanaka last week and he is heading off in February so we are keeping with the theme and doing a few kiwiana things.



 This one is a vintage blanket I cut out a few weeks ago and placed a crochet runner over the top. That's how far I got but today I'd like to sew it together somehow (haven't worked that part out yet) and construct a market bag. These "blanket" bags are my favourite, something about the smell of the wool, the softness and the weight of the bag when it's finished and I love the overall rawness about it. Actually I'm really excited about this one. I think it's going to be a beauty!



 This week Avy and I went shopping....at DFO and we got some fabulous silk tops and skirts but we still needed a bit more of a buzz so we headed to the op-shops and found some beautiful tablecloths, vintage dresses and shoes and here is one of the cloths I am making into a skirt today. It's ever so soft and just what I need for those warm summer days and something I will feel comfortable in!



 I'm loving the retroness about this little number and have cut the general shape out and thought I would trim in a cotton cream lace for a little added girliness. To my like-minded girlie friends it's vital we stay playful, young and vibrant! I know some of you KNOW WHAT I'M ON ABOUT!




And this one, well the navy and cream's just did it for me, kind of like the waters in NZ hitting the volcanic sands on a stormy afternoon and the sea foam on top. It's really large so I'm going to use just the bottom half to make a skirt, which I will need to take in by running down the side seams then adding a few darts into at the top.



So, that's my day today and inbetween all of this activity I'll be recharging myself with fresh vegetable juices  and a broccoli soup for lunch. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails