Sunday, December 5, 2010

3 Bags Finito

I had a spare hour this afternoon and finished 2 bags and 1 clutch that I cut out last week and didn't have time to sew together. The wool cream market bag is one of 4 I managed to cut out of a vintage cream wool blanket. It's very raw in design and I just love the frayed edges and I hope it will appeal to the masses who are like-minded. It's a really lovely carry bag and feels and smells wonderful. It reminds me of when I was a wee girl on my grandpop's farm playing with the sheep. I used to love running my hands through their woollen coats, the lanolin was so nice on my hands.

Cream Market Bag

with raw edges

that have frayed
 This one I deconstructed a Vintage Woollen Coat and created this gorgeous carry bag with raw edges.


Add caption
I really loved this chocolate brown vintage jacket and it broke my heart having to cut into it. It felt like it had a really good history to it but after much hestitation the scissors came out and I was firstly making a bag, but then before adding the handles on realised it actually felt really good tucked under the arm as a clutch....so here it is my first clutch and one of many more to come now.....I love how these things evolve by accident sometimes without the forethought.


Chocolate brown clutch with outer pocket

Inners
These bags are now on www.etsy .com to view along with my other creations at elkandantler. I'm not sure how to create the link yet will work on it this week but just type in elkandantler under Sellers.

Cocoa and cream delight











































2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment. I love the way your bag production is going. I might be getting out op shopping some time in the near future with Angie. Do you want us to look for leather belts, etc? Hugs Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very stylish and beautiful. It's a really lovely carry bag, i think these are the most demand full bags for today's market and most of the women are used this type of bags. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails