Monday, December 27, 2010

this one's for me

One of my dearest friends is moving to Sydney tomorrow and now that the word is out regarding my label
Elk and Antler, she gave me a fabulous leather bomber jacket which was made in Argentina. I could hardly contain myself as I was walking out of her door at 3am on Saturday morning. I just wanted to go home and sew of course but the effects of Captain Morgan were taking their toll and who knows what may have come into fruition. Needless to say the days have rolled by but I managed to do this one this morning before the creatures in my household arose. I've decided to keep it for myself...for the time being anyways. The gorgeous floral detail was the upper arm or sleeve, very wide as they were in the 80's, so I still have another sleeve to make another bag. Yay for me!






2 comments:

  1. you can really see the softness of the leather in this one, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should keep it for yourself. It is gorgeous and so soft looking. What a lovely friend too. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails