Sunday, December 26, 2010

exploration

Whilst visiting my nanna yesterday I momentarily was taken back to a fabulous afternoon in Lake Tahoe, California where I had my first encounter with the prickly pear! You see my grandparents have a property which has a very inspiring market garden, almond groves, peppercorn trees galore, grapevines and fruit trees and amongst all of this some fabulous succulents and a prickly pear cactus which is one of my favourite cacti.







If you get a chance to venture abroad or find a store which stocks Prickly Pear Cactus Syrup you must try this mojito.
                       It's 1 1/2 T of prickly pear cactus syrup
                       8 mint leaves
                       juice of 1 lime
                       2 ounces of rum
                       ice
                       2 ounces of soda water

It's the perfect partner to have with your favourite Mexican fired meal as it has a fruity, tangy almost bubblegummie flavour and I am absolutely hooked.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails