Thursday, November 18, 2010

Progress at Elk and Antler

I just made myself the milkiest instant coffee with a spoonful of sugar which I never ever do but it was so yummy! My back is aching and my little fingers are so sore from cutting through leather jackets and pushing pins through when needed. I almost died when I saw the time....2.23pm. I haven't even eaten today I have been so absorbed with my projects and the sound of the drizzling rain has been beautiful, oh and yes my boy is home "sick" so COD has been in the background. Nothing like a battlefield in your living room....so soothing for the soul....NOT!


1st break today at 2.23pm



Lining done minus the handles though

Outside view of previous picture

This one is finished and I already have a buyer

My version of a satchel

This is my favourite

Inner of my favourite is a heavy flannel and silk scarf for pocket

Arm of jacket for handles are proving to be very difficult to assemble.

Loving my baskets, so handy

Satchel inner

Everything is running pretty smoothly considering I am only 3 days into production. My biggest challenge is the handles. They are really tricky. I may have to take a trip to the op-shop and recycle some leather straps off of some bags to help me along sometimes. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Anyways, lights out at Elk and Antler till next week. (if I can keep myself away that is) I don't really do the "taking it easy" thing, but time for an early weekend for me. Lunch in the city tomorrow at girlfriend's house, market for dinner tomorrow night, bbq with great friends on Saturday and The Beach at Semaphore on Sunday...time to tan up a bit I think. Don't forget What's on your wall? over at The Textured Leaf tomorrow and Happy Hour over at Dorothy Bill's.


Remember to tell everyone that you love in your life how much you adore them!

1 comment:

  1. Belts - sewn on or attached to loops. Love the colour of the leather. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails