Friday, November 5, 2010

My Happy Hour

Quilting shop, Port Road, Adelaide

Ky's first piece

I have had many Happy Hours this week but one of them came yesterday as a girlfriend and I ventured into Adelaide to source out some shops. First stop, Hettie's Patch. A quaint little store with gorgeous fabrics and trimmings. This is where I bought Ky's first piece of fabric for his quilt...the sail boats above to remind him of his time in Wanaka.
2nd stop, Enzo's....yum!

Our 3rd stop was a rather interesting spot tucked away off South Road in Thebarton. It's a Lebanese Bakery with amazing delights. I have decided to call it Little Beirut. I bought myself half a kilo of these little wicked numbers and was also introduced to Zataar which is a thyme, sumac and sesame seed mix that you sprinkle over yiros bread with a drizzle of olive oil.
Bakalava's
Our 4th stop was a Fashion House right in the city which opens it's doors to the public and you can rummage through all of these beautiful designer fabrics. It was ever so messy, which I love and had a funky feel about it. The fabrics were calling out to me and the trimmings were beautiful. The best thing about the warehouse was that as I was rummaging through the piles I could hear the sewing machines going in the background. How buzzy! BUZZZZZZZ! That reminds me, my brother in-law does the best inpersonation of  a overlocker/sewing machine (giggling to self)
Trimmings found at a random fashion house in the city



And these scissors were amazing. They were HUGE, but so lovely to hold. I need to find out who engineered these!
I have something special to post later. It's a Work in Progress but will be worth waiting for. It's a little something special we found yesterday in the Fashion House. I'll at least take a picture of what I bought and probably when I found the "right" piece to finish it off I will reveal. It's really quite a gem!



4 comments:

  1. Girls days out are the bomb. But not as good as those scissors! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dark trim and it's mate. I can see them on the edge of a cardi. Very chic. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You simply have to check out michelles post of hennaed hands at her brothers wedding. Just gorgeous. I want slash need my feet done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was introduced to zataar this year as well! Our Arabic friends pour a little olive oil over yoghurt and use flat bread to dip in the yoghurt first and then the zataar. Yum . . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails