Monday, November 8, 2010

I Love NZ

Contemporary House we built in Wanaka, 2008

This was the kids bathroom and their favourite place was the tub after a day boarding on the mountain.

Entrance as new owners have it

View from Dining Table

Lakefront in Spring

My first wallpapering experience. This little nook was 3 metres high and 1.5 wide and housed my coffee/tea. The stainless steel counters were fabulous and look better over time.

I ordered a laundry trough as my kitchen sink, lovely and deep and great for pots and pans. Water is not an issue in NZ so this was the way to go for me.
 I was browsing through real estate as I often do and came across our house we built in Wanaka a few years ago....as you can imagine I gasped! Ky was sitting next to me and said, "Let's buy it back," and I said, "We should, shouldn't we." Kyland and I are big on dreaming. We both day dream endlessly and for most of the morning were in a trance at the thought. The Rudster was less than sympathetic and reminded us of all the impracticalities but we didn't care! Needless to say we are now really "homesick" and The Rudster realised this and made me a lovely cup of soothing Peppermint Tea and promised me a few months in Wanaka next year. I may survive that long, only he gets to go there before me in February on a tramp and I will be incredible envious of his adventure in the mountains. How dare he!
My stone masons did an amazing job

This is my front door...I called it The Bank Vault Door. It is solid wood and has a great weight to it.

We had fun building in NZ and used wood and timber and aluminim.

2 comments:

  1. How sad is that? I'm almost crying for you right now. Looks like a paradise dream to me. The large corner window reminds me of my grandparents house - I'm not sure what era it was, either 40s or 50s. Hugs of condolence to you and Kyland. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make it happen, Evie.
    We thought we would visit NZ perhaps once a year after we left but havent, x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails