Monday, August 29, 2011

whirlwind trip

This time last week saw us spending a few hours in Melbourne picking up a car for Rudy. We flew in at dawn, caught the Sky Bus into the city and decided to walk the city blocks to Flinders Station. The crisp morning air was just divine and I love being in a gorgeous city with tall buildings early in the morning. It's so interesting watching as life begins to buzz and people start to stream in off the trains, grab their coffees as they make their way into work, the street cleaners finishing their shift and the couriers on bicycles collecting their parcels and letters for the day's deliveries.




Flinder's Lane is one of my all time favourite spots for brekkie. It's open real early and is always full to the brim, often overflowing with happy people chatting, sipping, and eating.







 After a little more wandering about before catching the train to pick up the car I came across POLLON which thetexturedleaf.blogspot.com wrote about some time ago and I loved the photos she took. I got the butterflies when I saw the front window. Unfortunately it was very early and she wasn't open but her window display was of trunks of silver birch stacked low across the floor (about 4 rows) and then high up one side to the ceiling. I took a photo but glass reflection sabotaged the picture, but it was really beautiful, raw and organic!








Good thing I love road trips..... lots of time for us to chat, stop at country cafes, take in the sights. I must say it's the greenest I have ever seen the countryside.

Happy husband, happy life, right?! Thought it was the other way around but he's much more complicated than I am!!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos of the cafe life Evee. That street is so atmospheric. Shame you couldnt call in we would have cooked for you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. We would have loved to have seen you too and eaten your yummy food. I still think about those scrambled eggs you made in Rye. It was just so last minute and we were literally only there for a few hours. xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails