Thursday, August 18, 2011

happy soul

After a long day surveying contours on site yesterday I was mathematically bamboosalled...which meant my head was kinda hurting...but you mum's out there know how it goes.

I pick the kiddies up from school and the songwriter/singer tells me she has a major science project to hand in tomorrow (being today) breathe, breathe was all I could say to myself. She's an artist type, not the science type, go figure!

One cup of tea, two cups of tea, three cups of tea later I managed to spring off the lounge and get stuck into it with her. It ended up being quite enjoyable actually as it was all about renewable energy, the wind, the sun and all things wondrous, but time was ticking on by now and Rudy's tummy was hungry and he asked what he could do for dinner and he would start it. We were having vegetable stirfry with mongolian spices but what I loved when I put it all in the wok was the way he delicately, lovingly cut my carrots. I almost cried...how beautiful are they?!

Isn't it always the simplest things in life that make our hearts happy?!!


 On a VERY different note the funniest thing happened the other night at a meeting that we go to. Kyland was looking for something to wear and had liked one of my coats that I bought from an op-shop just the other day....anyway he puts it on and we go out. At the meeting before it starts he feels something on the inside pocket and reaches in. He comes up to me and says, "Have you checked these pockets?" I was a little alarmed, worried about what some old man may have left behind but it turned out to be the hugest wod of cash, old money....so funny!!



Finders, keepers right?! It did come as a whole package, did it not? What would you do?

1 comment:

  1. So which did you like better? The carrots or the money? Okay I know it was the carrots.
    Seriously now, that DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERYDAY!!!
    That money does look very old, doesnt it?
    More clothes from Savers, then?

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails