Monday, August 15, 2011

bit of this and a bit of that

After a jam-packed weekend I still managed to indulge myself in a spot of sewing for Miss Avy. We have been collecting these "australiana" pieces for when we have our stint overseas next year as a little reminder of our roots. This one will be for Avy's bedroom. It's a gorgeous linen and I had enough to make a Euro size cushion cover. We have found in the past when we have rented apartments overseas that are furnished just by adding a few inexpensive and lightweight items it's made our new home feel warm and cosy and is always a great talking piece when making new friends.





        These obviously won't be coming but I was trigger happy with the camera this weekend.


Kyland asked me to find him one of NZ as he feels more "at home" there so this one will be his perhaps until I find a better one.




Only 4 egg cups left out, the others are packed away for safe keeping.



Boy, as I was writing this Avy's school rang once again as she has been invited to perform at The Town Hall tomorrow. The offers just keep coming and her diary has been full with performance dates and even a recording and interview last week on Gulf FM. I have the butterflies again!!

She came home last week after being on a Music Workshop Camp with almost no voice and absolutely wasted but ecstatic at the same time. She spent 4 days in a huge house on the beach in Wallaroo jamming and singing with 22 students ranging in ages from 13-18. They got to cook all of their own meals, go on nature walks and not ever go to sleep.

She's really focused, even asking Kyland to create and design her film clips which he has started working on just yesterday....him being him with paints first then he will program on computer later. I imagine a lot of trial and error is to come but they have worked out the colour scheme at least for the background canvas for one of her original songs. I love seeing them work together like that, both creative but in very different ways.

Okay, so I got a little sidetracked but I've now got to get some washing on for tomorrow now and put together an outfit for Avy...I'm sure she will twick it a little but still that's all gooood. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails