Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can you feel it in the air?


When we buzz we R.E.A.L.L.Y buzz. This morning I sprung up out of bed at 7am, don't know how as the last 2 nights we have been at cabaret shows (more on that later) but it must have something to do with the warmth in the air and the fact that our daughter has found her genre singing jazz!


 The doors and windows at my place are all open, airing out each room, the sun in streaming in through the windows, all the winter sheets are washed and on the line ready to be put on the beds when I get home tonight. We used to have days like this in winter in Wanaka, NZ when there would be an unusual warmth and within the next 24 hours there would be a dumping of snow. We would pull back the curtains in the morning and everything would be white and as crazy Aussies do, then we would run outside and play until we were too cold and wet to bear it anymore, so my guess is here, in The City of Churches we are in for a southerly blast with some rain.

Oh, does your hubby ever say the funniest things in the morning? The first thing Rudy said to me today was...."I want to play the drums", and when I walked out of the shower I saw him sitting on the lounge practising his drumming moves on make believe drums!!! It was the funniest thing ever as The Hill Boyz all do this random thing with their tongues when concentrating...(sorry, getting sidetracked, it just had me in stitches and it will be an ongoing joke for the rest of the day now!?)



Anyways, I even cleaned out the wood burner, restocked the kindling, vacuumed and spruced up the bathroom. Off to college now. Hope you all have a fabulous where-ever in the world you may be!

1 comment:

  1. Do you chop your own kindling? I dont! An axe is the one tool I cannot master much to my frustration.
    Nice to see pictures of your place finally so I can imagine where you live.
    I need to clean out our fireplace too, (was hoping to drag it out that bit longer) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails