Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Painting

Recognise this painting from somewhere? I wrote about the beautiful image in the previous blog.
Whenever Grand papaaa HILL comes to stay we love to look through photos or books from the library and set up the paints. This particular year was a cold one in Wanaka, two weeks of constant snow and we were bunkered down inside, even the ski fields were closed with white-out days so it was a great time for me to have some tutoring and Papa to have some fun with the paints. He bought down his special horse hair brushes which were lovely to paint with and we all had an industious time painting (in between the eating and drinking of course!)

Papa Hill's interpretation of The Boat I coveted



I'll post the one that I did tomorrow as the light has faded too much now for me to photogragh.

1 comment:

  1. We love watching dad paint too. He really gets involved doesnt he? Those old boats are such beautiful shapes. We are the proud owners of a Papa Hill original still life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails