Thursday, June 9, 2011

Blob-bi-di blob!

This painting came about all because of the gin and raspberry!

I'd been painting with water colours for two days and had almost finished my landscape when I was lovingly handed a gin and raspberry and could no longer compose myself to be daintily painting with watercolours. I'd had enough of the constraint and the colours of my bevvie inspired me to create this blobbi creation. I was really just having a fabulous time mixing up the paints with a little of Rudy's plaster to thicken and get some texture happening and this is the end result. It's okay..... it was more about the moment and evening in which it was done. I keep threatening to paint over it but Kyland really loves it and has it mounted in his room.



It's quite textured and layered, camera hasn't picked it up very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails