Thursday, January 12, 2012

outward bound

This morning Avy and I woke early as she was off on a trip to Forster to see her cousin, Ginger!


 We were both a little nervous and apprehensive as she wasn't due to leave until next week but plans needed to be changed very last minute and she only had a few hours last night to get things ready after the meeting. I hadn't driven out to the airport either since moving here, but all went really well and I'm feeling unusually comfortable in my new surrounds given the fact that I've only ever lived in small cities, Wanaka didn't even have traffic lights just one round-about but we did have people driving on the wrong side of the road all of the time, due to the overseas tourists. None of that here so far!

a moment of madness, excitement

 I felt the need, the need to stop in at Savers on the way home for a "breather." It's been ridiculously cold here in the evenings and I couldn't resist this beautiful woollen goodness. Aren't the colours just BEAUT!? Kyland has dibbed it and it's his already, as we speak watching a movie all cosy with his Milo.


                      I don't have any woollens from the Mills in Launceston so this is a first...


Tomorrow it's a day out with my boy, longboard in tow whilst I check out the Vintage Shed in Tyabb and perhaps a walk on the beach if the weather breaks and the sun decides to shine....

3 comments:

  1. I dont know what to say first so here goes everything all at once, (my style anyway, truth be known)
    I hope its my beach
    I dont even drive to the airport yet... so gutsy move girlfriend!
    bye Avy (waves, sobs)
    lucky you Kyland, dont get fat sitting there
    I never get the chance to breathe at Savers
    and I have to have that photo its brilliant!
    doesnt look a thing like you Evee

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. the funny one of you making a face! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails