Thursday, January 5, 2012

at my new digs

Welcome to my new digs in Mount Martha, on the Mornington Peninsula, Melbourne. For the first time since leaving NZ we are astounded by our new environment and as one of my girlfriends said ,"it's a good fit" for us Hilly's. Apart from the gorgeous bay, the mountains close by and the setting itself I'm loving the cafes, shops, buskers and interesting markets nearby. I freak out everytime I walk into an op-shop and almost pass out at the sheer abundance of goodies. This PEARL drum is one I couldn't leave behind and it sits boldly in our living room and suits itself as a coffee/drinks table.



 My grandpa who is from JAVA had lots of these around his home, some inlaid with mother of pearl so needless to say I couldn't resist. It's quite a large piece and who doesn't love a pineapple!

                                

A corner in Avalon's room



One overnight bag I made, one bought.


And a hessian light covering. I needed to add some rawness to the space in my haven.

3 comments:

  1. A Pearl drum at an opshop?
    Well I never!
    Great coffee table idea, x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that need for rawness. Wonderful that you guys have found a spot that fits. I hadn't thought of using drums for coffee tables. There's a whole set in the corner of my garage. Maybe I could set up a coffee shop. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you Cherrie. I don't own a round piece of furniture and this drum just lent itself to our small space and i needed to add a little more of the industrial so this was fun! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails