Saturday, January 28, 2012

early morning zhushing

Just a small collection of my broken plates and lovely tea cup. I'm hoping I can find my shoe box full of other broken pieces to add to this lot and one day feel inspired to use them in one way or another.




 I love that I have a pear tree in the yard, next to my nectarine tree. I've picked them a little early as the parrots are eating them.....I've kindly left them a few...



                I now have a "white"corner and painted these this afternoon to add to my collection....


 My latest trip to the Vintage Shed at Tyabb saw me walk out with this little beauty. I don't know why I was drawn to it, perhaps because it's raw and organic? The girls at the counter were a little horrified even though it was in their store and wanted to know what I was going to do with it. Ornamental was what I was thinking!


These I left behind. The colour was quite sublime.




3 comments:

  1. Hehe. Poor ladies. I'm not keen on bovine heads either because I clearly remember the smells of decaying cows when we lived on a farm for a year while I was young but I can see the earthy value of it in a garden/outside setting. I like your idea for featuring broken china. I ended up throwing all my pieces out when I moved because I decided it would be too long or never for me to get to use them as I wished. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of keeping those favourite pieces of china that have met an untimely end, which happens quite often in our house. Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my lovely friend. So good to hear from you! x

    And yes Cherrie. I know that smell as well and let me reassure you this beauty was soaked for an hour or so in a huge bucket of hot water and disinfectant before it graced my counter top. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails