Wednesday, September 7, 2011

table

Last week I finally got around to sanding back my dining table which I have wanted to do for years now. I've never liked the colour pine goes after a stain...too orange for me. This is it in it's raw state...I'm still yet to oil or wax or something, not sure yet but at least I'm part way there with it. I forgot how much I love electric hand tools too!!! I was a buzz with the sanders and at one point was even twirling around the different sides of the table in the crisp not so spring air!


                                    
                                               I now have a place for my blue glass from Finland




 And the lemons are from a lovely elderly Italian couple from St. Marys that Aaron did a small job for. Every morning and afternoon he would be graciously made an espresso coffee served with homemade Italian shortbreads and I would get bags of yummy fresh fruit....these are the juiciest lemons EVER!




I'm going to tackle the dining chairs hopefully before our move so that they have lovely new covers on them for the new house. It's just a matter of sourcing the fabrics. I've been very inspired by http://www.lamaisondannag.blogspot.com/ something scandinavian and funky. I love her stylized blue print of a dog on heavy cotton and her use of colour or lack thereof?! Hey I have 8 chairs so anything could be produced here....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails