Friday, September 16, 2011

it's happening....

Today my boys both started their induction course at TAFE and have joined me with their very necessary little white cards to get us set on our way with our new venture. We are at cross roads it seems and our time spent living overseas has given us direction and clarity. It's a long term venture but a good one at that which gives us freedom and choices...that's how we see things anyway. It's a great big wide world out there waiting for each of us to partake in. We aren't settling for the "norm". It's just not us and we are finally at peace and looking forward with great excitement at what lies ahead for us and our family.

Hence the need to brainstorm this weekend, now we know the direction we are heading. Rudy has just sold his "old" work car, now we can fit out our new commercial vehicle and get the show on the road! Ky and Avy are helping us with design concepts for a business name, logo, letterheads and cards.

I'm really into the swing of technical drafting now and gaining confidence. It has challenged me beyond, beyond but I am actually capable and I am loving what I am achieving.Without blowing my trumpet I noticed I was "on the way up" the other day as the "cool design boys" were checking out MY work and asking ME how to do things! Can you imagine that?

Next year is more about tapping into the creative side once I get passed The Timber Framing Code.
Sketching, Building Design Concepts and Sustainable Living are the main focus.

Sorry these photos should have come after the blog below but I'm a little topsy-turvy being Friday and all...it has nothing to do with Mojitos I promise!


My gran had many a bag like these in her Indo inspired home





My Rudy bought me these beautiful daisies weeks ago and they are still making me smile!

Now in between all of the madness and all of the craziness that life throws our way I will never give up my preoccupation with op-shopping! My favourite little haunt at the moment is Aggies. It never disappoints me. I go in there looking for a certain thing and always come out with completely the unexpected.....that's what I love about op-shops. The unknown!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails