Monday, July 25, 2011

Bivouac Fabrics

K....well Avy and I could barely contain ourselves when we stepped into Savers on Friday and spotted more than half a dozen gorgeous bedspreads and vintage fabrics on the racks. I can't believe that no-one buys them. There were too many there to choose from and my little basket was very quickly upgraded to a trolley!



This is one of Spotlights "Vintage" fabrics they have in their new range.







This is an original velvet dressing gown which I have been able to cut cushions out of and save pieces for Avalon's quilt.
All of these are being sewn up today for Avalon's bivouac. I've dropped the kids off at school, vacuumed, hung the washing out, mopped the floors, opened up the house, put a beanie on as it's rather chilly and am set to start sewing right after I make myself a mango smoothie for brekky. Oh, I also bought the canvas to use as a ground cover and need to put the eyelets in today so that we can peg them down into the ground.
Hope you are all having a great productive day too!

2 comments:

  1. Darling - this post contains two of my favourite words in a phrase "Spotlight" and "vintage"!!!!

    I am so going to check that fabric out! All of this just looks so gorgeous!! And remember - if you ever need "Savers" company - let me know!!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. Do you realise the yellow print is very close to the background of your blog in design? Cherrie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails