Monday, January 31, 2011

what a difference a year makes

Today I put my washing on the line at 7 and it was dry by 8. I forgot how quickly the washing can dry in this sunburnt country of ours. I'm not complaining.....was great to have it folded by 10 and put away.

                                                

You see, winters in Central Otago can be brutal. This is called a hoar frost. A spectacular phenomenon. When the sun hit this it displays all the colours of the rainbow. It was obviously not an easy task trying to get the washing to dry and my home would be like a Chinese Laundry for 6 months of the year and the clothesline would resemble a majestic piece of art!


 I do miss it though....especially when we are in our 3rd day over 40 degrees.........................


Somehow this is much more exciting, exhiliarating and playful! Wouldn't you agree?
Okay, I feel a spiral coming on.......

4 comments:

  1. That reminds me of my Dad who was born in central BC, Canada. If you didn't take the washing in at the right time, ie, before it froze, you had to leave it for the next day because any bending would snap the fabric. Imagine the fun a child could have with that! I love the look of your line there. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so funny! It would literally freeze though esp. in BC....not to mention how painful it would be to remove from the line! Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that really your washing line? So beautious!Forget the washing, I would have been happy to stare at that for ages, x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know....I'm feeling tragically homesick. Could you please slap me around a bit?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails