Wednesday, January 26, 2011

at my place

Even though it's only Ky and I at home today there has been such a hype of activity and buzziness in the house and boy have we been having fun! Ky started another painting today.....it's his version of a tree.





On my recent trip to Melbourne a girlfriend of mine asked if I could make a bag for her from a jacket that her Dad gave to her husband to wear many moons ago but it wasn't getting worn much. I was very excited and nervous about my first custom order. I didn't realise how nerve-racking it would be cutting into this jacket as all I could see was her Dad's face and thinking about all the places he would have worn it but it was a job that HAD to be done.



 I thought I would try something a little different for Candice and used a Christian Dior belt as a strap as I know she would appreciate a little "bling". It's a very soft belt that I have had saved for few months for a special piece. That's the best part about having a stash of goodies to rummage through, the excitement of finding the perfect piece for each individual bag.





This bag I made recently is a woolen bag from a queen sized blanket which has felt like an endless piece of never ending delight! You know that Tim Tam ad when you take one and the whole packet fills up again. It was kind of like that. I kept cutting into it but it never went down in size. I still have heaps left after cutting out 4 large bags. This one I attached a crochet tablecloth onto and I love it to bits and have used it almost everyday since making. I love the smell of the wool and the weight of it as well.



Here is Candice's second bag. She doesn't know it yet but I didn't want to waste an inch of her Dad's jacket so I created this patchworkish bag for her out of leather, suede and woven fabric.







Well, they will be off in the post tomorrow and I can't wait to see what her reaction will be! I hoped she is PLEASED!


This one Ky has just started and apparently it is going to be Mexican inspired!
So that's what's happening at my place...along with a gorgeous Iced French Vanilla Cappucino that Ky and I have just put together to enjoy. What's happening at yours?

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails