Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Zumba and Savers

Last night a group of my girlfriends (and my daughters) went to our first Zumba class in the Old Hall in Aldgate. It was so much fun and a real hoot. Wasn't sure how I would go tapping into my Zumba styling but it felt really good. The movements are amazing and really liberating....can't wait until it becomes "more natural". I told the gals I was going next week in just my sequence and feathers! Anyways we are all on such a high still that today we are heading down to the depths of Adelaide to Savers to see what treats we can find! I've posted 3 dresses that I found last time. The white one is beautiful and soft and was such a find, the pretty floral pink one is a Vintage Princetown and it is little on the big side up top for me so I added some darts for more shape and the darker floral was actually a night gown. I always look in the nitie section first. It's great tip! Don't be scared off thinking you can only wear it for nights at home. If you pick the right ones which are the right fabric you can often revamp them. This one had buttons down the front which I simply turn inside out and sewed a straight line a good inch in,......oh, after I removed the buttons. Now it looks just like a dress and is really flattering. This one looks great with long black socks underneath and black clogs!

2 comments:

  1. Ive been to zumba too, lots of fun! I found I just kept laughing at myself but it was great!
    Blog looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Darl - the above dresses look fab - I really like the bottom pinky one, it has a nice hydrangea feel to it - nice for spring when it finally gets here!!

    Today down at Savers was INCREDIBLE! I really, really wish I could of gotten a couple of those chairs home with me!!!! But I am very happy with what I did get. I managed to remove the initials that the previous owner had marked on the coat! So glad! I can't wait to see what you do with that blanket!! xx

    PS - You are right - Zumba was a hoot! So nice to meet your lovely daughter at last.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails