Thursday, November 3, 2011

gypsy

The word, "gypsy"has been put out there alot around us of late. I rather like it! Apparently before we first arrived people were anticipating the arrival of a "hippie, gypsy"family moving in which we found quite amusing! You see we have spent time with the real gypsies in the past. Our first encounter was on our honeymoon in '91 in New Zealand. We spent 8 weeks backpacking around the islands and met some eccentric gypsies who opened our eyes up to the world in more ways than one! We spent our time sleeping in our little tent below surrounded by these fabulous homes on wheels. I remember not even having a mattress to sleep on. I had a beautiful olive green wool coat and a swandri which I would lay on the ground each night and sleep on! We lived on pumpkin and corn, and drank who knows what from our newly aquainted neighbours. I remember drinking home-made syrup like concoctions, divine in flavour with a powerful punch indeed and eating chocolate fudge with a little extra something else in them around the campfires at night. 



Crossing the Cook Strait

at dawn

We would swim everyday as we are sea creatures really and adore water of any type as long as it is blue or green in colour that is, hence the need for a sea-change in a few weeks. It's just S.L.O.W.L.Y
hit me today that I'm moving to be by the beach. I can smell the sea spray already! Happy Days!!
Hope you all have a great, spontaneous weekend and let your hair down! xx



3 comments:

  1. You both look so young. Do you think SA will be glad to get rid of the 'hippy gypsies'? lol I totally love and need the salt in the air even when it comes with decaying seaweed. What a brain cleanser that smell is. I'm sure you will love your new home. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cherrie. I love that you and I are on the same wave length! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, I want to see more photos from the early days. Im loving them! You two were such babies, as we all were I suppose ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails