Sunday, February 6, 2011

This week I'm

Okay, so my mind is running at a speed of a trillion, zillion miles an hour with ideas so much so that I am "bursting at the seams!" You see, my to do list is so very long with things that I absolutely must do this week, BORING, MUNDANE things, but me being me needs to maintain my relationship with my machine.....you gals know how it is!

So I've promised myself that I will make one of these outfits which I need for Autumn as my wardrobe is rather sad at the moment. I already have the fabric for this dress and the cardie just need to buy the stockings and shoes. Love the chocolate and caramel combo.

 

This is gorgeous isn't it. I'm on the lookout at the op-shops for the dress which I will chop and add the bottom section too. Shouldn't be too difficult to rehash this one. Loving how the front being a little higher adds a little bit of interest.


 Okay, this one is a different story. I bought these boots last spring but the fabric I can't find anywhere. I really want to add green to my wardrobe but it's so hard to find so I'm thinking that I may have to dye some simple t-shirting to gets this desired effect. It COULD be a lot of fun.....just need to get my head around the olive shadings and the more aqua shadings below but I'm getting there! Sewing them together will be simple as it's very basic. Do you think I should dye first then cut out or cut out and then dye? Suggestions please...


I can't pull this one off as her legs are very thin but I do love the cardie with the square pockets and trimming and the peasant woolen blousie, thingamejing underneath "works a treat".

.



 Okay, it' not the hair I'm going for but the skirt! I have been searching for this particular skirt and can't find it and don't want to make it as it will be really tricky. Anyone want to do it for me ?! (said in jest of course) What was that I see???? Was that you Wendy putting your hand up ever so eagerly up in the air!

Thanks for listening to my jibber....really needed to unload that. I feel a hundred times lighter already.

What are you up to this week?

4 comments:

  1. Hah! You knoweth me too well! I WAS actually.
    I think you should give it a go cos youll feel great if you master this. Its cut circular from the bottom up and there are triangular pieces placed into the side seams and waist That are either self-lined or hemmed prior, then stitched down to pucker, plus the waist band is large pleated.

    P.S. Ill do it for you if you dont want to give it a go though of course, x
    I shaved my head like that before you knew me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH!! Thanks so much. I so get it now. Sometimes I think my brain is just mush but you o wise one have your wits about you...ta!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't yet. Too busy learning how to build houses. Thought I might (or might not) get it made in Vietnam but I would like to give it a go myself too. Quite like a challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails